[lustre-discuss] RV: Lustre quota issues

Moreno Diego (ID SIS) diego.moreno at id.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 11 02:10:32 PDT 2019

Hi Thomas,

I think one way to get reliable quota values might be to reduce a couple of tunables:

- osc.*.max_dirty_mb : In this case you reduce the amount of non-committed data on the client cache and thus the potential for quota inconsistencies. I've been recently having quota issues on a filesystem with many OSTs set to 128MB as max_dirty_mb. That gives potential for a lot of dirty data depending on the number of clients you have, hence quota issues or better to say, false positives. That’s actually just my understanding of quota vs cache.

- mds01 ~]# lctl get_param qmt.*.*.soft_least_qunit: tunable to reduce the qunit size between soft and hard quota thus allowing a fine tuning of quota allowance when quota is on this "danger zone". That should help to have more reliable values. That's at least on Lustre 2.10.

I had the same problems you have w.r.t. to qunit. The documentation seems outdated or not accurate for, at least, Lustre 2.10.

Regards,

Diego