[lustre-discuss] enable quota enforcement on the fly?

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank rmohr at utk.edu
Tue Feb 18 12:26:23 PST 2020

> On Feb 17, 2020, at 2:42 PM, Liam Forbes <loforbes at alaska.edu> wrote:
>
> We recently noticed we apparently did not enable group quota enforcement early last year during the most recent rebuild of our Lustre filesystem. Is it possible to do so on the fly, or is it better/required for the filesystem to be quiesced first? We are using Lustre 2.10.7 with ZFS 0.7.5 (project quotas are not needed).

You should be able to enable enforcement on the fly by using the “lctl conf_param” command (something like "lctl conf_param <fsname>.quota.ost=ugp”).  The Quota chapter in the lustre manual explains in more detail.

—
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator
National Institute for Computational Sciences
University of Tennessee